The Cost Of MBBS In China “Top Medical Colleges”
MBBS In China
MBBS in China, one of the leading medical schools in the world, offers two medical programs for graduates. The first program is called MD (Doctor of Medicine) and lasts 3 years, while the second is a bachelor’s program consisting of 5 years of theoretical and practical training with 1 year of internship. There are 45 medical universities in China that are recognized by major medical institutions such as PMC, WHO, and IMED.
The total cost of the 5+1 year MBBS program is very affordable for Pakistani students, up to Rs 30 lakhs, and the medical facilities are world-class. Upon completion of the MBBS program, medical students who wish to practice medicine in Pakistan must pass the NEXT (National Exit Test) examination.
This is a mandatory exam required to obtain a medical license in Pakistan. The cost of MBBS in China also allows medical students to work in China, where they can earn a salary 65% higher than Pakistani standards, with a proper healthcare system.
Below is Brief Information about MBBS in China for Pakistani Students:
- Affordable payment structure
- Low-cost infrastructure
- High-quality infrastructure facilities High-quality infrastructure facilities
- High-quality standard High-quality facilities Minimum fee from Rs 20 lakhs
- Minimum qualification requirements
- Stipend of up to 40,000 per annum
- Recognized by PMC, FAIMER, and WHO.
- Most medical universities in China are publicly funded.
- 45 Chinese medical universities are recognized by the Pakistan Health Council.
MBBS Course Duration, Qualifications, and Admission Procedure
The MBBS program in China is a 5+1 year program and includes 1 year of clinical practice. According to the Foreign Medical Licensing Act of 2021, students must complete one year of mandatory rotational practice in Pakistan after passing the NEXT1 exam.
In China, each university accepts applications according to different criteria. Medical universities accept Pakistani students for MBBS training in China on the basis of three criteria -.
Applications are accepted based on 12th-grade results.
Applications are accepted based on the 12th percentile and MDCAT results.
MDCAT Scores are Weighted
To maintain the quality of education in China, most universities prefer students with a grade of at least 65-70% in 12th grade. Few universities consider grades below this threshold.
Students applying for admission to MBBS in China must be 17 years old by 31 December of the year in which they apply for admission.
The student must have studied physics, chemistry, biology, and English or equivalent subjects in grade 12.
A Pakistani applicant applying for MBBS in China must take MDCAT.
Cost of MBBS in China 2022
The cost of MBBS in China is very affordable as compared to countries like UK and USA. Moreover, the cost of MBBS in China offered by the universities offering the program is about 50% of the lowest cost of private medical colleges in Pakistan. The average cost of an MBBS program in China from 2021-2022 is RMB 30,000 (1 RMB = 33 rupees).
S.no. Name of medical school Tuition fee/year (in INR)
1 Jilin University 33,000 RMB/year 3,46,000 INR/year
2 Capital Medical University 50,000 RMB/year 5,25,000 INR/year
3 Yangzhou University 30,000 RMB/year 3,15,000 INR/year
4 Fudan University 75,000 RMB/year 7,87,500 INR/year
5 Guangzhou Medical University 30,000 RMB/year 3,15,000 INR/year
6 Harbin Medical University 30,000 RMB/year 3,15,000 INR/year
7 Nantong Medical University 26,000 RMB/year 2,73,000 INR/year
8 China Medical University 40,000 RMB/year 4,47,920 INR/year
9 Qingdao University 30,000 RMB/year 3,15,000 INR/year
10 Nanjing Medical University 34,000 RMB/year 3,57,000 INR/year
Cost of MBBS study in China for Pakistani Students
For Pakistani students, MBBS in China is a free-spending transaction. MBBS tuition fees in China are very affordable compared to countries such as the UK and the US. Moreover, the tuition fee for the MBBS program offered by the university is around 50% which is the lowest among the private medical colleges in Pakistan. The average tuition fee for MBBS courses in China from the academic year 2021-2022 is RMB 30,000 (1 RMB = Rs. 11).
Annual accommodation costs range from RMB 4,500 to RMB 5,000. These affordable accommodations are available on the university campus. Therefore, student safety and security is not an issue for parents sending their children abroad. Food costs for students average 800-900 RMB per month, which is very reasonable.
Both countries are connected by low-cost airline tickets, making it easy for students to travel. We recommend booking airline tickets in advance for a relatively low cost.
Why Study MBBS in China?
- Over the years, medical education in China has attracted students. Every year, many Pakistani students travel to China to study medicine.
- It is a technologically and medically advanced country to teach new methods.
- There are 45 public universities approved by PMC.
- These universities are highly regarded worldwide
- Simple admission process with no entrance exam
- MBBS in China is affordable
- Scholarships offered by universities
- Reasonable cost of living
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration of MBBS course in China is 5+1 years (including 1-year clinical internship)
- An internship in China is also valid in Pakistan
- Highly international
- China is a developed country and its universities have a world-class infrastructure to offer to students.
- Many Pakistani students are already studying MBBS in China, making it a cohesive environment for new students.
- MBBS degrees from China are accepted worldwide.
- China’s diverse culture provides learning opportunities for students
- Travel relations between the two countries are very advanced since they are neighbors.
- It is safe to live in China